Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sceltdown

Yes, I said Sceltdown.  No, I didn't misspell anything.  You don't know what a Sceltdown is???  How shocking since I just made it up (told you I was the master of genius terms).  A Sceltdown is much like a Meltdown with the only difference being it happens upon stepping on the scale.  (Scale+Meltdown=Sceltdown).  I weigh everyday.  Every. Single. Day.  I get directly out of bed, hit the bathroom, remove all clothing and step on the scale...everyday.  I know some of you just gasped.  I mean, isn't that the cardinal sin of weight loss?  Aren't you supposed to only weigh like once a week?  Sorry to be the mold breaker but this chick weighs every day.  Period.  So yesterday my scale was up 1.4 pounds.  I accepted it like a responsible adult because I did indulge in some of my parent's cooking the night before kind of late.  And it had some extra salt thrown on it.  I knew what I was doing, I knew I would regret it but I sucked it up and put that chow in my tummy because it was good.  I also knew that the number on the scale reflected food in my body...not actual fat.  Yesterday I was good (mostly)...went to Zumba, burned calories, ate okay...blah blah blah.  And what greets me this morning?  A 0.8 pound gain.  (I know right now some of you are rolling your eyes at me thinking I'm a lunatic.  It's my brain and it will react how it wants to any kind of gain.  Don't like it?  Take your cookie and crumble on out the door.)  So I had a Sceltdown.  Tears were involved.  That's 2.2 pounds in 2 days.  I know it's not fat...I know I haven't done damage.  BUT...that part of me that's a little south of sanity sees a gain as a gain as a gain no matter what.  Realistically I know it's probably water retention or some other body odd that I have no control of but I still hate it...I still freak out about it....I still see the 261 pound girl when I look in the mirror.  I'm human, what can I say?  (Oh, you're not human???  Then you should probably take your Twinkies and board the mothership back to planet Moron...I'm sure they miss you).  So...it's been a bad body image day for me.  I hate what I see in the mirror and it has really dominated my day.  I hate to admit that but it's the truth.  Now...sit there and act like you're not a slave to the scale.  I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment